Reality content creation platform and marketplace Voxelus has completed its private pre-sale of in-game cryptocurrency Voxels (VOX) with 1.2 million VOX sold for a total of 1,022 BTC. The private pre-sale of 1.2 million VOX for a total of 1,022 BTC (approx. $350,000) has resulted…
Reality content creation platform and marketplace Voxelus has completed its private pre-sale of in-game cryptocurrency Voxels (VOX) with 1.2 million VOX sold for a total of 1,022 BTC.
The private pre-sale of 1.2 million VOX for a total of 1,022 BTC (approx. $350,000) has resulted in a record for the largest amount raised in a private crowdsale of a cryptographic token. A majority of the orders came in during the final 48 hours of the private pre-sale.
Deemed as the “coin of the realm,” Voxels can be used to purchase digital assets, animations, games and more on the Voxelus marketplace that is gearing up to go live in the first quarter of 2016.
The new record triumphs over the previous best held by Swarm. The startup sold $250,000 in tokens in a private sale before adding to the numbers to total a million in both public and private sales.
The public crowdsale is scheduled to last 30 days where the 30.3 million tokens (about 15%) will be made available. The remaining 85 percent of the tokens will be slowly released over the next 20 years and will be used for development, marketing, bounties rewarding content creation and other applications and purposes.
With high production costs in the virtual reality space, Voxelus CEO and co-founder Martin Repetto sees big things ahead for the company, predicting it to be the repository for a significant majority of the VR content that will be produced in the future. A future with VR applications and VR games.
Voxelus allows the 2.5 billion people in the world who have no bank account but have a mobile phone to create, buy and sell virtual reality content, and it’s just as easy for people in developed countries as well. This explosion of inexpensive, globally accessible content will help speed the adoption of VR globally.
Despite being founded only this year, Voxelus has multiple applications such as the Voxelus creator, a 3D design app compatible with both PC and Mac; the Voxelus Viewer, a device that’s designed for desktop PCs, the Oculus Rift and Samsung VR devices. Notably, the platform also houses the marketplace, which will aid creators and developers to sell their products while users on the other side of the transaction will ostensibly buy VR content and games for the ecosystem. All transactions will be facilitated with Voxels, the in-game currency.
Chairman and co-founder of Voxelus, Halsey Minor who has previously also co-founded companies such as CNET, Google Voice and most recently Uphold, added:
Voxels are the official currency of virtual reality.
Images from Voxelus and Shutterstock.
Last modified: January 25, 2020 11:11 PM UTC