Wedbush Securities, a very large investment banking and brokerage firms is looking to hire a Bitcoin director to oversee all aspects of Bitcoin transactions within the firm. According to the Wedbush website, the position opening went live on January 8th 2015 and Wedbush seek to fill the position as soon as possible. After acquiring holdings in the Buttercoin Bitcoin exchange last year, Wedbush Securities wish to further expand their reach as well as continue to look into the technology for the future.
Also read: Wedbush Securities Acquires Holdings in Buttercoin Bitcoin Exchange Service
The job description and requirements are as follows:
Wedbush Securities is one of the largest full-service investment banking and brokerage firms in the nation. Our initiatives around bitcoin and crypto currency include trading and investments in blockchain technology and blockchain technology companies. Our Los Angeles office is seeking a Director to manage these initiatives.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Execute bitcoin trades and oversee trading of bitcoin-tracking public securities
- Settle bitcoin trades and manage cash balances
- Manage relationships with bitcoin-related startups and source deal opportunities
- Manage relationships with venture capital and private equity partners
- Manage consultants and vendors related to bitcoin initiatives
- Maintain current knowledge of developments in cryptocurrency and blockchain technology to inform bitcoin research
- Review legal documents and contracts
- Assist with transactional aspects of deals
Experience and Skills
- Deep knowledge of bitcoin – technology, trading and competitive ecosystem
- Understanding and experience in OTC trading and derivatives
- Self-starter with ability to work independently with little supervision as well as collaborate effectively
- Critical thinking and strong analytical ability with baseline understanding of financial markets
- Excellent writing and communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to perform under pressure, meet time sensitive deadlines, prioritize, multi-task, and thrive amidst uncertainty
- BA/BS degree with a focus in either Computer Science, Finance, Economics or other quantitative field
- Position will require obtaining the Series 7 and other certifications
Though the position is very demanding, it appears to have great potential as a career for qualified candidates. Wedbush is the largest investment banking and brokerage firm with an active interest in Bitcoin. With this job opening, it is clear that their interest is long term rather than short term.
Images via Shutterstock.
Last modified: January 25, 2020 10:08 PM UTC