As federal and state regulators grapple with Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, entrepreneurs and developers are attempting to build a new financial economy. In an event organized by the New York Law School, legal, financial, and technical experts will discuss today the hurdles and hopes of what is coming to be known as the Internet of Money.
Click here to watch the event live beginning at 8:30am on October 21.
The live stream requires the Microsoft Silverlight plugin.
Those who live in New York City can attend in person at the New York Law School Events Center (second floor) 185 West Broadway, New York, NY 10013 (Corner of West Broadway and Leonard Street, near the Franklin Street subway station). Free online registration required, which includes a continental breakfast and 1.0 CLE credit in Professional Practice for experienced and newly-admitted lawyers.
The name of the conference is “Bitcoin Law: Regulation and Transactions.” Though the abstracts of the presentations are not shown on the website, it’s easy to imagine that there will be discussions of BitLicense, Bitcoin laws and regulations, and the growing prospects for adoption of Bitcoin by large mainstream financial institutions.
Also read: Bitcoin Giants BitPay and Circle Comment On New York’s BitLicense
Speakers and Agenda
The conference will start at 8am and finish at 12:15pm. Speakers and panelists:
- Charles Cascarilla, CFA, CEO and Co-Founder at itBit.
- Emily H. Goodman Binick, Vice President & Senior Counsel in the General Counsel’s Office of American Express Company, where she provides legal support to the Enterprise Growth Group.
- Jerry Brito, Executive Director of Coin Center.
- Miles Cowan, Co-Founder and CEO of Tillit.
- Brian Koffler, President of Koffler Legal & Consulting Services, PLLC.
- Adam Krellenstein, Co-Founder of Counterparty.
- Jaron Lukasiewicz is the CEO and Founder of Coinsetter.
- Marco Santori, Counsel at Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP.
- Jonathan Silverman is a Partner and Co-Founder of Sator Square Partners.
- Brian Stoeckert, Managing Director at CoinComply.
- Houman B. Shadab, Professor of Law at New York Law School and a Director of the Center for Business and Financial Law.
- Sam Yilmaz, Managing Partner at Decentralized Applications Fund.
What yo you think? Comments below!
Images from New York Law School and Shutterstock.