- Ozzy Osbourne has announced his presidential bid, & offered up merchandise in support.
- It’s a reissue of his “presidential merch” line that originally ran in 1984.
- While Osbourne would make a fine enough president — especially if Sharon Osbourne is his vice-president — so would these five other celebrities.
Ozzy Osbourne for president?
The heavy metal legend has announced his “presidential bid” in support of his upcoming album — his first in several years.
Even though Osbourne would make a fine enough president, there are other celebrities who are just as viable.
Ozzy Osbourne Launched A Lovable Publicity Stunt
To be clear, Ozzy Osbourne isn’t really running for President of the United States. Aside from there being no evidence of appropriate paperwork filings, Osbourne is a British citizen (which is why he splits his time between Los Angeles and England) and therefore disqualified from running.
But the launch of this “presidential Ozzy” merchandise coincides nicely with the upcoming release of his new solo album, “Ordinary Man,” which is also his first solo album in 10 years.
Would he, however, make a better presidential option than Kanye West — who also seems to be running a presidential publicity stunt, albeit one that people are actually taking seriously? Absolutely. After all, Ozzy Osbourne would be smart enough to pick Sharon Osbourne — his wife and longtime business manager — as his running mate, and we all know that woman can whip us all into shape and have a good time doing it.
But since we’re talking about celebrity presidential bids, what about these options?
Who Might Make A Good “Celebrity President”?
The three-ring circus that is Donald Trump’s “celebrity” presidency needs to come to an end. There’s no question about it, at this point.
But if Ozzy Osbourne isn’t a suitable replacement, let’s consider these five other options:
- Tom Hanks. Who doesn’t love America’s sweetheart? There isn’t a soul alive who has something bad to say about him. Sure, his son Chet is a bit, uh, “Malibu’s Most Wanted” in his demeanor, but he’s an adult and won’t be bothering dear old dad in the White House. Besides, he played Mr. Rogers!
- Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson. C’mon. The man already has his campaign slogan — and yes, we can all smell what The Rock is cooking. Besides, politics has become like the WWE anyway — why not really finish it off by making one of its stars the President? And he can make Roman Reigns the Secretary of State. See? It all works out.
- Morgan Freeman. Aside from being a longtime supporter of Democratic candidates — he got behind Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, & Hillary Clinton — his calm demeanor will go very far in restoring America’s reputation in the eyes of the world. Bigly.
- Jon Stewart. He’s funny, he’s smart, and he’s gone to bat for the 9/11 heroes before Congress. Put him in the White House.
- Bill Nye. He’s the most intelligent candidate on this list. It’d be nice to have a president who doesn’t misspell coffee & hamburgers, wouldn’t it?
All jokes aside — Ozzy Osbourne certainly made a cute marketing campaign, one that only further endeared him to his adoring and ever-growing fanbase. But on November 3, 2020, Americans need to do their civic duty and get out and vote.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article do not necessarily reflect the views of CCN.com.
Last modified: September 23, 2020 2:03 PM