- Kingdom Hearts All-In-One Package is releasing on PlayStation 4 March 17.
- While the name implies it offers a complete collection, this isn’t the case.
- The new release won’t feature the Re Mind DLC for Kingdom Hearts III.
Kingdom Hearts All-In-One Package may sound like it offers the complete Kingdom Hearts experience, but it doesn’t.
When the new Kingdom Hearts collection comes out on March 17 for the PlayStation 4, it will include the following games/movies.
- Kingdom Hearts Final Mix
- Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix
- Kingdom Hearts III
- Kingdom Hearts Re-Chain of Memories
- Kingdom Hearts: Re:coded
- Kingdom Hearts Borth by Sleep Final Mix
- Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD
- Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover
- Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep – A fragmentary passage–
There Will Likely Never Be a “True” Kingdom Hearts All-In-One Package
Alright. So that’s a lot of Kingdom Hearts, but there’s something missing there…
That’s right. The Kingdom Hearts All-In-One Package won’t include the Re Mind DLC for Kingdom Hearts III.
Not really the complete experience is it?
Adding to this is the fact that the Kingdom Hearts series isn’t done yet. A new mobile game under the title Kingdom Hearts Dark Road will be coming out sometime this year.
This game promises to provide some backstory on the series’ main antagonist, Xehanort. Why vital information like that is regulated to a mobile title is beyond me, but so was a contest to guess its name too.
Only Putting the KH Collection Out on PS4 is a Waste
The takeaway here is that the Kingdom Hearts All-In-One Package has a misleading name. It won’t offer everything to players, and can’t as long as new games are coming out.
It’s also worth noting that this package is only getting a release on the PS4. That sucks for Xbox One owners that have been getting the short end of the stick when it comes to KH content.