One “necessary evil” task that plagues all cryptocurrency traders, is tracking their entire altcoin portfolio across multiple exchanges, wallets, and mining pools. CryptFolio has done an amazing job at making that particular headache simply just go away.
With an aesthetically-appealing interface, powerful features, massive altcoin support and enthusiastic development, altcoin enthusiasts of all persuasions can finally rejoice. Best of all, it’s based on the open source Openclerk framework. And while the free version will certainly assist novice altcoin traders and investors, the premium version is a real treat for serious cryptocurrency professionals.
Key CryptFolio Features:
- Current Cryptocurrencies: BTC, LTC, NMC, FTC, PPC, NVC, XPM, TRC, DOGE, XRP, MEC, DGC, WDC, IXC, VTC, NET, HBN
- Current Fiat Currencies: USD, NZD, EUR, AUD, CAD, CNY, GBP, PLN, ILS
- Current Commodity Currency Support: GHS
- Current Exchanges: Bit2c, Bitcurex, BitNZ, Bitstamp, BTC China, BTC-e, CEX.io, Coinbase, Coins-E, Cryptsy, Crypto-Trade, Justcoin, Mt.Gox, TheMoneyConverter, Vault of Satoshi, Vircurex, VirtEx
- Securities Supported: Cryptostocks, Havelock Investments, Crypto-Trade, 769 Xchange, Litecoininvest, BTCInve (CryptFolio also supports individual security values).
- Technical Indicators: Simple Moving Average (SMA), Bollinger Bands (BOLL), Relative Strength Index (RSI), and Exponential Moving Averages (EMA).
- .bit Accessible: CryptFolio.bit
- Optional Email Alerts / Notifications: Of all the great features, this is my personal favorite. The email notification feature will allow you to define specific triggered events (including changes in exchange rate, hashrate, or certain parts of your generated reports).
For example, you can set up your email alerts to inform you when the exchange rate on Bitstamp for a specific currency pair goes up or down by 10% within a certain time frame, or your hashrate falls below a certain threshold within a given time frame.
- MANY Mining Pools Supported: This is only a partial list of all pools supported. 50BTC, BitMinter, BTC Guild, CoinHuntr, CryptoPools DGC, d2 WDC, Dogechain Pool, DogePool, Ecoining PPC, Eligius, Elitist Jerk, Ghash, GiveMeCoins, HashFaster, Hypernova, LiteGuardian, Litepool, LTCMine, Mine-Litecoin, Mining Foreman, MiningPool, Multipool, Nut2Pools FTC, Ozcoin, ScryptGuild, Shibe Pool, Slush’s pool, TeamDoge, TripleMining, WeMineLTC, WeMineFTC, and the list goes on…
- Private and Secure: OpenID makes the typical name / e-mail login completely moot. It is also highly secure, in that only public addresses and read-only APIs are used to obtain balances (no altcoins are ever actually stored on CryptFolio).
- Powerful Toolbox For Creating Fully Customizable Reports: Create your own perfect blend of graphs, charts and tables. For example, you can customize your reports to reflect your net worth in CAD, equivalent investment portfolio value by percentage of each altcoin, asset distribution (i.e. what % of your LTC is in securities) and historical hashrates, just to name a few.
- Personalized Summary Pages: Construct your own personalized summary pages to display only the information you deem relevant (i.e. the value of a particular altcoin if converted into another, the distribution of your altcoin values, current exchange rates, etc.), as well as a “Your Currencies” and “Your Hashrates” report page.
Above and beyond the truly impressive set of features CryptFolio already supports, the Lead Developer of CryptFolio is extremely open to suggestions for adding new features and altcoins (premium users naturally get top priority). When combined with a good trading terminal, you’ll enjoy a distinct edge in your cryptocurrency trading endeavors.
Last modified (UTC): April 20, 2014 18:46